Rules:-- link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog-- share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird-- tag 2 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs-- let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. Growing up I was very active in sports. Mostly Basketball. I played post because I was slightly taller than most. As you know playing post requires some jumping, well my father, to this day, makes fun of me and my lack of space between me and the floor. Later I went on to play Volleyball and he questions how I even made the team...I always come back with "I get it from you!" Needless to say, Air Bethy did not fly long!
2. I love camping! When I was in High School, my best friend Erin and I were quite the outdoor enthusiasts. One night we decided we wanted to have a girl's camping trip, so we packed up and drove into the middle of the woods. We set up camp next to an old tree stand, where we gathered and cut our own wood and took in the wildlife. This continued for many months. We keep tents and sleeping bags in the trunks of our cars so we would be ready to go at the drop of a dime. As our outing caught on, more girls would join us. One night we had a mixture of boys and girls at our campsite. (note: Boys were not allowed, rule by Erin's dad) As we headed out the door that evening Mr. Gill suspected something, but still let us leave the house. Sitting around the campfire, doing things that were probably bad, I decided I did not like the group that had joined us that night, so I went to bed. Next thing I know, I wake up to Mr. Gill Standing off in the woods with his dog. They had taken an evening hike to see what us girl's were up to! The boys freaked out and had to leave, but good little Bethany was the only one who did not get in trouble! After that, she was the only one the parents trusted! ;)
3. I am the youngest of five children. My parents divorced when I was in 6th grade. Over the years my family has grown even more. I now have two more half sisters and three step sisters! I also have 13 nieces and nephews and with mine on the way that will make 14 grandchildren for my Mom.
4. Jeramy and I got engaged on July 3, 2004. We did not want to wait till the new year to get married, so we chose the month of September to tie the knot! Not enough time to plan a wedding, we decided to go away and get married. We chose Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. This was the first time for either of us to leave the country. As we landed in Punta Cana, we found that Jeramy's luggage was not on the plane. He had nothing! Except for his ceremony clothes that I carried on with my dress. The good thing was that they located his luggage in Miami, the bad thing was Hurricane Francis was due to hit Miami at any time! Jeramy was so stressed out and I cried the whole way to the hotel, locked myself in the bathroom and cried some more. "What a horrible idea I had to get married on an island!" is all I could think about. "It was all my fault!" My sweet husband realized the state of distress I was in and convinced me to open the door. We spent the next 30 minutes sitting on the toilet as he held and rocked me back to sanity! His luggage came the next day around 5:00pm. Thank you Lord!!!
5. August 26, 2006 I ran my first 5k race in Manchester, TN. I was convinced that I could do it by my great friend Holly! So I trained and practiced and I wasn't completely ready, but I did it and felt good about myself, ready for the next one! That evening Jeramy and I went to a MTSU Pig Skin Pre-Game party (Alumni kick-off for football). The alcohol was flowing and we had a wonderful time! Left the party and headed out to Bluesboro where we found Holly and Jamie! Bethy had already had too much to drink, it had been a great day... We decided it was time to go and as we headed towards Manchester my car started making funny noises. Next thing we know the engine was locked and we were stranded! Jeramy decided we needed to push the car to a gas station up the road. He was pushing from behind and yelled at me to come help push and steer the car. At this point we had great momentum, he yelled to me to jump in and stop the car so we did not run into the gas station. As I did this, in flip flops and a skirt, I missed my window of opportunity, with one leg in the car my butt hit the side of the door and I fell to the ground. Next thing I know my back tires are running over both of my legs! Jeramy didn't know what to do or really what had happened. He ran around me and jumped in the car to stop it. As I'm laying in the middle of the road helpless and crying he yells at me to "GET UP! GET UP!" I got up, limped over to the car and climed in as we waited for our ride to come get us! We were both so scared, but I was OKAY besides a couple of scrapes and scars. No broken bones. How lucky am I! I was back to running in just a couple of weeks and did better then I had before the accident...I guess I was just determined to not let this keep me down!
I tag Heather and Jill!
Three Fixes That Solved Our Shameful Front Porch
18 hours ago