Monday, December 31, 2007
Yesterday I even went hunting with Jeramy! It was a lot of fun...I must confess that I have not gone with him since we were dating and I do miss the simple escape to nature! We get out to the farm and hike to the old barn about an hour before sundown. As we were climbing in the barn, my mind starting cranking...."This is really not the safest place for a pregnant person." Then Jeramy says "if I get a shot, cover your ears because it will be loud." More brain cranking "Could the gun shot damage Ella's developing ear drums?" After a moment of worry, I simply closed my eyes and said a prayer to keep us safe in what ever happens. Well the funny thing is Jeramy thought the same thing and said a prayer himself. Not the smartest outing we could have taken, but we realize this and could only pray for protection! And that is what happened, we were protected! We saw nothing and decided to head back. As we climbed out of the barn and hit the ground about 6-8 doe run across the field. We both just laughed and Jeramy said " that's why they call it hunting and not killing!" After that we went and ate dinner together. It was just a fun evening together and we both really enjoyed it!
To give you a little update on my last post, I think I have been doing better! I have definitely been conscious of the sweets I've been eating. Now Christmas day was a different story, but it is one day and I told myself that I can eat freely only if I promise myself to get back the next day! Well I had no problem doing that because of the stomach bug I came down with. I actually lost a couple of pounds but after the first full meal I could eat they were back....no worries! I have also been walking some...I plan to go out today too.
Now its on to 2008 and we have a lot to do and a lot to be thankful for!!! I had a little panic attack Saturday. It is a scary thought that I am 10 weeks away from the birth of our little Ella Bean! WOW. At the beginning I thought this was going to be the longest 9 months ever and now it is almost here. Still in shock, but trying to cope....It will be wonderful, but the next two months are going to be crazy! Work, home, everything!
Well Happy New Year everyone....thanks for an incredible year :)
Friday, December 21, 2007
Now on to the reality check: It seems as though I am gaining too much weight. My doctor simply advised me to walk 30 minutes a day and to cut out my sugary drinks, etc. She said that will really help me cut unwanted calories so that my weight gain does not get out of control. Okay, I have not been the best patient, I will admit that...but I really and honestly don't feel that I have put on as much as the scales say! But the scale does not lie, now does it :( So I'm definitely feeling sorry for myself today. But my mind is a workin' and I just have to do better! I can not go on with my pitty party because it is not fair to those around me...i.e.) Jeramy, with whom I had a break down on last night! Sorry baby!
My game plan: To count my calories and exercise, when I can! Pre-baby, I had lost 15 pounds by counting my calories and exercising. I felt good and I looked better then I had in a long time. Here is a picture of Jeramy and I at the beach in April:
I wasn't smaller then when Jeramy and I first met, but I was more toned! I was pleased... Now when I got pregnant I was very self conscious about my weight gain. I tried to walk, but could not due to the heat...twice I overheated and got sick...so when the weather was cool enough to get out in, I had lost my fire. However, I did eat pretty well. But in the past two months, I guess I have destroyed my chances of keeping my weight gain under 30 pounds....no I have not crossed that mark yet, but I still have 2 1/2 months to go.
New goal: To keep my weight gain to 35 lbs or under! Eat 2100 (good) calories a day and exercise.
I am not trying to lose weight. My first priority is for my baby to be healthy! I simply want to eat better foods and get some walking in as much as I can. I realized this morning that the juice I thoroughly enjoy every morning is packed with sugar, duh! So it is these simple things that I am going to watch and treat myself to on occasion. Maybe after Christmas the sweet treats won't be as readily available and I won't grab a hand full of whatever, whenever I walk by!
Any suggestions you can give me will be much appreciated and even healthy snack favorites you would like to share... Plus prayer! I will take it all...
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
This week I also got these two fabulous bar stools for my kitchen. I saw them at Ross when I was doing some Christmas shopping for a very low price! I spread the word that I wanted them, they are a perfect match for my kitchen! And don't they look so cute... Needless to say I have had a GREAT Christmas so far!
It may have taken 3 years to get some of these things, but it was well worth the wait and we are so thankful for everything we have!
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
After the cookie swap we headed over to Heather's to spend time with our Dad, who was in town from Ohio. He gave me this book, well actually it is for Ella! It is about grandfathers and their grandchildren: I already know I Love You, by Billy Crystal. What was so cool about it was his Billy Crystal's granddaughters name is Ella. This is going to be a special book for my little Ella, especially since she won't be able to see her grandpa as much as she'd like...so I'm excited to be able to pull the book out and read it to her. I am even going to paste this picture on the inside of the book so she can look at Grandpa and Mommy when we read it! Of course I could not even read the book because I was crying, but it already is such a special gift.
Later that evening we headed over to the Riddle's for a Christmas Party. We each bring a $10 gift and play dirty santa. This year we decided to have a little fun and asked everyone to bring a gift that begins with the letter "M." Needless to say there were some interesting gift choices. I ended up with a great gift though, a gift card to Marble Slab Creamery. How ironic that the pregnant one gets the ice cream. HA! Jeramy's first gift was a gift card to Mellow Mushroom, but that got stolen and he ended up with a 12 pack of Michelob Ultra Light...he so nicely put it in the cooler for everyone to enjoy. It was a long day, but a great one!
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Jeramy and I are prepared to pay for the $140 shot, I have to have it, but with Christmas and other medical expenses, this is just a blessing! I am soooo happy!!!
Sunday, December 2, 2007
This is Ella's first piece of furniture that Pop refinished for her. We love it and we know she will too!
Friday, November 30, 2007
Let it alone, let it alone
If it don't concern you, let it alone
Don't go around putting on airs
And meddling in other folks' affairs
If you don't know, say so
Mind your own business and let it alone
I stress over people, money, food, gifts(what to give), money, people and everything else that comes with the Holidays. I want everything to go as planned if not better! I want people to be satisfied with me and not disappointed. Tonight, I have a work event that I kinda headed up. The seats aren't that good, but it is a small venue and they ran out of room before we could get every bodies reservations. So today my stresses begin. Tomorrow I have a list of things a mile long to do and they all cost money...of course! I have to remind myself to be conservative when it comes to purchasing things this month, because I will overdue it and run out of money way too fast. Next comes the events... there is a lot on my calendar this month and I just want it to come and go with out much worry! Easier said then done. I have bought and wrapped 90% of my gifts this year, but there is always that feeling of forgetting someone or something. So here is my plan:
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
1. Growing up I was very active in sports. Mostly Basketball. I played post because I was slightly taller than most. As you know playing post requires some jumping, well my father, to this day, makes fun of me and my lack of space between me and the floor. Later I went on to play Volleyball and he questions how I even made the team...I always come back with "I get it from you!" Needless to say, Air Bethy did not fly long!
2. I love camping! When I was in High School, my best friend Erin and I were quite the outdoor enthusiasts. One night we decided we wanted to have a girl's camping trip, so we packed up and drove into the middle of the woods. We set up camp next to an old tree stand, where we gathered and cut our own wood and took in the wildlife. This continued for many months. We keep tents and sleeping bags in the trunks of our cars so we would be ready to go at the drop of a dime. As our outing caught on, more girls would join us. One night we had a mixture of boys and girls at our campsite. (note: Boys were not allowed, rule by Erin's dad) As we headed out the door that evening Mr. Gill suspected something, but still let us leave the house. Sitting around the campfire, doing things that were probably bad, I decided I did not like the group that had joined us that night, so I went to bed. Next thing I know, I wake up to Mr. Gill Standing off in the woods with his dog. They had taken an evening hike to see what us girl's were up to! The boys freaked out and had to leave, but good little Bethany was the only one who did not get in trouble! After that, she was the only one the parents trusted! ;)
3. I am the youngest of five children. My parents divorced when I was in 6th grade. Over the years my family has grown even more. I now have two more half sisters and three step sisters! I also have 13 nieces and nephews and with mine on the way that will make 14 grandchildren for my Mom.
4. Jeramy and I got engaged on July 3, 2004. We did not want to wait till the new year to get married, so we chose the month of September to tie the knot! Not enough time to plan a wedding, we decided to go away and get married. We chose Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. This was the first time for either of us to leave the country. As we landed in Punta Cana, we found that Jeramy's luggage was not on the plane. He had nothing! Except for his ceremony clothes that I carried on with my dress. The good thing was that they located his luggage in Miami, the bad thing was Hurricane Francis was due to hit Miami at any time! Jeramy was so stressed out and I cried the whole way to the hotel, locked myself in the bathroom and cried some more. "What a horrible idea I had to get married on an island!" is all I could think about. "It was all my fault!" My sweet husband realized the state of distress I was in and convinced me to open the door. We spent the next 30 minutes sitting on the toilet as he held and rocked me back to sanity! His luggage came the next day around 5:00pm. Thank you Lord!!!
5. August 26, 2006 I ran my first 5k race in Manchester, TN. I was convinced that I could do it by my great friend Holly! So I trained and practiced and I wasn't completely ready, but I did it and felt good about myself, ready for the next one! That evening Jeramy and I went to a MTSU Pig Skin Pre-Game party (Alumni kick-off for football). The alcohol was flowing and we had a wonderful time! Left the party and headed out to Bluesboro where we found Holly and Jamie! Bethy had already had too much to drink, it had been a great day... We decided it was time to go and as we headed towards Manchester my car started making funny noises. Next thing we know the engine was locked and we were stranded! Jeramy decided we needed to push the car to a gas station up the road. He was pushing from behind and yelled at me to come help push and steer the car. At this point we had great momentum, he yelled to me to jump in and stop the car so we did not run into the gas station. As I did this, in flip flops and a skirt, I missed my window of opportunity, with one leg in the car my butt hit the side of the door and I fell to the ground. Next thing I know my back tires are running over both of my legs! Jeramy didn't know what to do or really what had happened. He ran around me and jumped in the car to stop it. As I'm laying in the middle of the road helpless and crying he yells at me to "GET UP! GET UP!" I got up, limped over to the car and climed in as we waited for our ride to come get us! We were both so scared, but I was OKAY besides a couple of scrapes and scars. No broken bones. How lucky am I! I was back to running in just a couple of weeks and did better then I had before the accident...I guess I was just determined to not let this keep me down!
I tag Heather and Jill!
Saturday, November 24, 2007
As we returned home, I could not wait to get my new Christmas tree up. I love it!!!! I spent all Friday decorating my house and my tree.
Friday night we headed to Smyrna to watch the Bulldogs beat out Wilson Central in the Semi-finals. It was an exciting game for our friend Coach Pip! We met Jill along with Kent's parents in 40 degree weather to cheer on the 2006 State Champs as they make their way to another championship! We are so proud of you Kent!!!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
I also learned today that I have gained 9 pounds from my last appointment! Now normally I would not share that type of information, but I am pregnant and I have totally hit a growth spurt in the past couple of weeks. I am not going to take this too serious because up till now, I have not gained a whole lot of weight. Now if I can keep my total weight gain around 30 lbs. I will be a happy camper! Let's pray for a 7lb. baby!!!
So I was laughing at my sister, who recently started her own blog, and told her it was the same as Myspace, which everyone makes fun of me for doing. But I use Myspace to keep up with my closest friends and even some family that I don't get to see very often. It's the day before Thanksgiving and I am at work, while everyone is at my Mother's having a pre-turkey day gathering...yes, I'm jealous! Seeing that I'm not inthe mood to work, I thought I would create a blog too! (for those of you who think myspace is the devil) jk :) But it is a great way for people to see what's going on in the Arnold household these days.
So enjoy reading and leave me lots of comments...