Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sugar Momma!

So today was my 24 week check-up (6 months). I saw a new doctor today, Dr. Redden, and I really liked her. She brought lots of encouragement and excitement to my visit! However, I still love Dr. Jones... So back to my appointment: Today I had to have my glucose test!!! I was very scared because it is the week of Thanksgiving and I have already had my work dinner to enjoy for 2 days in a row. Tuesday, after my turkey and dressing breakfast, I decided to drink water until my eyes were floating and that is exactly how I felt! DETOX... So I woke this morning to enjoy nothing but my fruit punch glucose drink. As the nurse pricks my finger I say a quick prayer that I will be able to enjoy the rest of my Holiday meals! YAY~ I passed with a 136! Bring on the Apple Pie...

I also learned today that I have gained 9 pounds from my last appointment! Now normally I would not share that type of information, but I am pregnant and I have totally hit a growth spurt in the past couple of weeks. I am not going to take this too serious because up till now, I have not gained a whole lot of weight. Now if I can keep my total weight gain around 30 lbs. I will be a happy camper! Let's pray for a 7lb. baby!!!

5 comments:

Holly Jane said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Bethany! I'm going to advertise your blog on mine so that you can get bloggy-love! :-) Let me tell ya... bloggers are GREAT! Wonderful support group! I'm glad your glucose test was in your favor! I've got two words for you: CHOW DOWN! :-) Happy Thanksgiving!

Pamela Posch said...

Woo Hoo!!! so glad you passed your test!!!! See ya in the morning! try not to eat ALL the pies tonight!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice blog, Bethany! And YAY for passing the glucose test! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Lauren Starks said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. Congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy. Looking forward to reading :)

Michele said...

Welcome to blogland. Holly sent me your way.
I remember that glocose test all too well. I failed!! Totally had to skip Thanksgiving of 98. Not fun. Glad you passed.