Thursday, April 17, 2008

YAY POOP!

So after much thought, I decided to give Ella some rectal stimulation! Aunt Heather and Aunt Melissa told me that this would work and then the doctor said the same thing. So I get home last night and she was kind of fussy, I thought "I guess I could try it?" It wasn't as bad as I thought! I did it twice. On the second attempt we got some action, not much, but I'm ok with that. After about 30 minutes or so, she started getting REAL fussy. I thought "I wonder if she has gone any more?" I check her diaper and you can see brown from the out side edge. "Good, let's go change you!" Well I was in for a surprise... That diaper was fully loaded, with a type of poop unlike anything she had ever done, kind of like the consistency of mustard. WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!

I don't think she was in a lot of pain, but my goodness that was a lot of poop :)

Ella stayed awake till about 8:30pm and I gave her a bottle and around 9pm I was laying her down. I woke up at 4am this morning, well Jeramy woke me up asking if the monitors were on. I got up and checked and realized SHE HAD SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!! Momma was full of smiles. I went back to bed and slept till five, Ella got up and moving about 6am. What a great night!

4 comments:

Holly Jane said...

Wonderful!!!! The "rectal stimulation" might be the key!

Kimmie said...

You are doing such a great job!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, ww is me.

Jill said...

You are hilarious! Did you ever think you would be thinking about poop so much in your life?? Kids change everything! I am glad she finally relieved herself! And, Hallelujah for a good night's rest! Let's pray for many more of those! Love ya!