Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ride till you're red in the face!

So today I picked up my riding again. I rode some Friday but it wasn't as long as planned. Yesterday, was Ella's 4 month check up, I'll post about that next, and I didn't take a lunch so no riding on Monday. So I was bound and determined to get out there today! I pretty much did the same route as last time, with an out and back on Old Lascassas. It was a great ride, hotter then the first one! I ran into a little construction on Rutherford Blvd but was able to get around that pretty smoothly.

Today's Ride:

7 miles in 46 minutes(estimate)




I am nice and sweaty today and my hair is pretty wet, my face is also blood red...I think I need to bring a blow dryer and some make-up to work....

My plan:
Ride- Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Run- Tuesday, Thursday

Yes you read right, I am going to attempt running again! Running is a slow progression and for someone who is eager to lose weight and get their body back it is a lot of work and little results...at first! I know it takes time to gain distance, but right now, I am totally overwhelmed with running. My friend Angel, another recently new momma, is wanting to attempt running. She claims it is really the only thing that will get her tummy back in shape. If you ask me, she looks great! But I understand the whole flab thing... So together we are going to attempt this journey to the land of the FIRM!

1 comment:

Holly Jane said...

You are rocking out on that bike! Way to go girl! That's awesome! I'm glad you enjoy cycling! It is a great way to get your blood pumping. Running will take the weight off just about faster than anything I've tried. Be patient... the first couple of weeks will suck. Hang in there. It will be worth it!