Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Does the Tooth Fairy visit the oral surgeon?

Last Friday, I had my wisdom teeth pulled, all four! I really don't remember anything about that day, except that I think I was snoring, go figure, and I begged Jeramy to take a picture of me in my state of numbness! (wasn't pretty) Jeramy kept up with Ella all weekend while I did a lot of sleeping. Sunday I was stir crazy and Jeramy, Ella and I went on a drive and then to Sonic where I had the best peanut butter milkshake, minus the straw of course. Since then I have had another milkshake from Dairy Queen and a frosty from Wendy's....Yeah, I don't think that is part of my diet! I have been on a liquid diet and I have been able to eat some foods but my mouth is so sore, I just don't have much of an appetite. So my calories have been cut in half and weight has dropped, but now I just want those empty calorie things because the cold feels so good.

I went back to work on Monday, probably shouldn't have, I ended up leaving early and visiting the Oral Surgeon in fear that I had dry socket, nope my gums are just extremely sore due to my teeth moving and shifting from where they were crowded before. I am so achy and this constant throb in my gums has got to let up!

This is going to be a hard week for me, or couple of weeks! I'm just ready for these little holes in my mouth to disappear...

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ohhh I wish I'd taken a pic of Josh when he had his out. His whole face swoll up!! Good Luck Girl.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I feel your pain, Bethany. Having my wisdom teeth cut out was one of the worst experiences of my life! Hope you are feeling better soon. Oh, and Ella is soooooooo cute!

Pamela Posch said...

Oh I feel bad, I didn't even know you were having them out! I would have made you homemade chicken noodle soup.

Its good to see EJ. It seems like forever.

By the way don't forget next Thur night is the open house at Katelyns school. Let me know if you can still watch the two little ones.