Thursday, September 18, 2008

A little about me

I'm giving it another go....

In the beginning of August, I started doing aerobics classes during lunch. The first class I went to was Abs & Tone. Well we toned more then abs and my legs were toast. About an hour of lunges later, I can barely walk down the steps at the Rec Center! There after, I tried to complete a different class, Triple S, and officially pulled my quad muscle. It was not fun and I became totally intimidated by these classes. Then school started, busy time in my office and for 2 weeks I didn't even take a lunch, then we went on vacation, one week after catching up at work I try it again...

Yesterday I completed Kick, Punch & Crunch! I think this a good class for me... I am sore today, but it's a good sore! I am going to do some cardio today, probably walk/jog intervals on the tread mill and tomorrow, if I get a lunch break, do a Yoga class. I'm really excited about Yoga. I have never done anything like this before!

I am notorious for beginning a program then slacking off... Due to time, or lack there of, if I miss a day or for what ever reason choose not to do it, I lose my motivation. SO I have decided to take it one week at a time. This week just OK.

6 comments:

Mommy2KC said...

Bethany!! I just found your blog through Allison's. I didn't realize so many of us had entered the blogging world! Little Ella is precious and is so cute. Glad to hear you've made it back to the rec. We'll probably run in to each other over there I'm sure. Take care!

Holly Jane said...

Well well... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who struggles in this manner. :-) Hang in there!

Allison said...

Girl you look great and I am proud of you for even having the thought to exercise. I keep thinking your motivation will surely rub off on me :) Oh,Ella is soooo cute!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

You are not alone in the "slacking off" department. I too was walking/running and that lasted of all about 2 weeks.....There are many of us out there that have good intentions. And I give you credit for that.

Bethany said...

Hey Lisa! That is the truth, I just have to always keep it in the back of my head and not lose sight of what my true goal is and what I really want. Some days are better then others :)

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Hey girl - we all get knocked down, but it's the ones that keep getting back up that win out in the end. i do the same thing.