Tuesday, December 23, 2008

T'was the Night Before Christmas....


Well almost. I can't believe it is almost Christmas. I am having a hard time excepting that and I feel so unprepared. I love Christmas and meaning behind it, but I just feel lost this year. I can't explain it. You would think this year would be more special then the past years, with Ella, but she doesn't know the experience, the feelings, the excitement. I guess it is up to Jeramy and I to help her with this experience. I'm getting there. Maybe by Christmas Eve I will have the spirit...

Last night, as we put Ella to bed, we kept hearing a thump, thump, thump...
I peak through the door to see her thumping her head on the back of the crib. It was more comical than anything else, but you have to think "What in the world is she doing that for?" I tried to grab my camera to do a video, but she soon settled in to sleep, until I disturbed her when I was standing over her, covering her up with her blanket. I gave her another kiss and laid her back down, only to hear more thump, thump, thump... Silly Girl!

Ella is 10 months now. She is full of attitude and determination! She is a stair climbing master, not by Mommies and Aunt Missa's choice though. She enjoys high fives and making smooching noises! She is learning so quickly. I know she doesn't understand the meaning of Christmas this year, but next year should be super fun...we'll have to start a Christmas fund for next year :) hehehe...

To all of our friends and family, we love you and wish you all the Merriest Christmas and the Happiest New Year!

3 comments:

Holly Jane said...

I wish the Arnold's a VERY VERY happy Christmas! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Ella! She is really growing. Happy Holidays!
Angel

Caleb, Sara and Sammy J said...

Merry Christmas! First one for both our girls! Although I think tissue paper and boxes would have been enough, we went a little crazy with presents!!