Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Before bed time, we always say a little prayer. I feel that this is important in Ella's life. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed when I started to pray that Ella pulled her hands together, in front of her heart, and held them there until I was done. I thought "did she really just do that?" After I laid her into bed, I told Jeramy about it and we both just shook our heads in amazement. About a week later, Jeramy put Ella to bed, he came into the room I was in and told me that she did it again! Now it is just something she does...

Ella is such a quick little learner and I would imagine that she participates in daily prayer at Aunt Melissa's house. So thank you Aunt Missa for teaching my sweet little girl these powerful gestures. I bet you would have never imagined that she would teach them to Jeramy and I!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I hear this!! Sooo sweet. See I know you'd never drop her at my crib and leave her ;)

Lindsay said...

I meant...I heart this.

Tracy said...

This is the sweetest thing I have ever read. It truly brought tears to my eyes.

Allison said...

so sweet...ella is so lucky to have you both for parents...i see children everyday who are overlooked and the small things they do are never big in the eyes of their parent

Mel said...

Too sweet! That blesses me and so does Ella Bean! Thanks for sharing that-- I told you she was a genius!!

The Lynchs said...

Hey! I didn't realized your blogged until this morning-so glad I found you on here!

That's so sweet about Ella and prayer time! They do learn so fast at that age! :)