Monday, November 30, 2009

Tennessee Christmas

Oh how I love this time of year! The lights, the presents, the bows... Once it is all done, I love to just sit and stare at all of the beauty. For me, there is such a standard in the way things should be, I have a vision in my head and I know what I want! Do you ever do that? So I start decorating and create this image the best that I can. This year it seems I have done things in sections... I started with my home decor, a couple of days later I proceeded with my tree, the only thing left is the outdoor lights(which is the hubbies job!) However, I did make some cedar swags for my front porch benches with some left over cedar branches. I think they look beautiful, very Tennessee Christmas!
And of course a glimpse of our tree! It was pretty rough getting this thing completed this year, so I turned on the Christmas music and tried to enjoy it as best as I could. The time did pass quickly with the music filling my mind with Christmas!

I saw something in Better Homes and Gardens and I loved it, and I knew I could do it too! Here is my version of BHG's Ornament Centerpiece:


But it seemed kinda lost in that tray... So I added some ribbon and Wa-La! It was very easy to do this... Gather some ornament balls, hot glue them together, garnish with some cedar bush!


I love the ribbon, it adds that certain color splash I was looking for! And last but not least, ornaments from the light fixture! I stole this idea from a couple different people; Heather, Pam... and I'm sure many many more! But I just love it :) It is so simple and I love the decoration it brings into my kitchen.



If you have some of your favorite Christmas decorating ideas, I'd love to hear them! Happy Holidays everyone....





3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love your decor! Especially that front porch of yours. Oh and way to go on the centerpiece! Maybe some pine cones would look nice around the inside of the bowl? Just a thought.

Bethany said...

I like that idea Lindz! I wonder where I could find the mini pine cones??? Old Time Pottery?

The Lynchs said...

I love the centerpiece idea! That's what I did for my wedding when we got married as centerpieces, but I never even thought about doing it at home! And I love that TN porch!