Monday, January 25, 2010

Follow Up: Life Without Paci

We have tried a couple of times to get rid of the paci and for some reason or another, we found it soothing for us or whomever to just let her have it. When I worked full time, the daycare pretty much had her broke of it, but I was the one who gave it back to her after the "tongue incident!" It really did help her.
Ella is almost three and a half weeks away from being 2 years old, OMG! I just realized that myself. I really think that her talking will improve without paci.
It has been about three whole days without paci and ultimately Ella is doing really well. Even being as young as she is, she is definitely human...Exchanging one habit for another! She has her moments of whining, but I just tell her "paci had to go bye-bye 'cause you are a big girl now!" She seems ok with it but ten she asks for a book. Even in the pitch black room, she looks at her book until she falls asleep. I'm very proud of her. Sometimes, I wish I could just give it to her, but I ave to be strong too!
Also, today is my wonderful Husband's 33rd Birthday! I love you Baby and I hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Deana said...

We are just going to have to 'loose' the fire and just never bring it back--I am pumping myself up right now- 'I can do this, I can do this!!!!!'
Thanks!!

Jill said...

Happy bday to Jeramy! How incredibly precious is it that she looks at her book until she falls asleep. I can see where you would just want to give it to her! She is trying to find something to replace that old friend! You are doing a wonderful job with her, Bethany! Cade was almost 3 before we took it away! You are way ahead of us! We love you all!

Allison said...

I just still jealous that you get to be a SAHM!!!! I'm just loving all the "everyday things" that you have been posting. Hey, we need to do another class of '99 girls night:)